Yes. Emotional intelligence is still considered to be important by people who study human behavior scientifically and people who want to change or improve human behavior practically.
Do you want to change your own behaviors in some way?
Do you want to influence others’ behaviors in some way?
Learn about emotional intelligence for yourself, increase your own, and then invest in increasing your employees’ emotional intelligence.
Training to increase emotional intelligence may sound soft; however, the results are hard and measurable in dollars. This kind of training and hiring with emotional intelligence assessments will translate into your organization realizing goals faster.
The Five Areas of Emotional Intelligence Are:
- Self-Awareness and Self Control
- Social Expertness
- Personal Influence
- Mastery of Purpose and Vision
YOUR PERSONAL LEADERSHIP ACTION ITEMS:
- Take time to read or listen to material on emotional intelligence as step one to educate yourself.
- Assess yourself on the above five broad areas of emotional intelligence and start with ONE–the one area in which you feel you are most lacking–and focus on improving that one area in yourself.
- Set a written, measurable goal with a time listed for completion, and define the actions you will take (behaviors you will practice) EVERY DAY that are relative to your one emotional-intelligence-increasing-goal.
To Your Best,
Connect with me via [email protected]